Here are tips for using artificial flowers in your home:
- When shopping, choose the best you can afford within your budget. You'll be happy you spent the money on quality blooms that you'll treasure for years to come.
- In doubt of your decorating skills? Simply tuck one stem of your favorite variety in a glass vase for a classic, chic look.
- Faux petals are easy to care for and clean with the use of a handheld vacuum, a steamy shower or a soft, dampened cloth.
- Add one or two accent pieces that feature artificial flowers. From pillow cases to lamp shades, this look is everywhere and will add a cheerful glow to any room.
- Stay away from colors that don't naturally occur. For example, a rose in a bright blue shade will not convey the same amount of charm as a dusty pink.
-- Family Features/Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores