BY DAVID UTINSKE
1. The Feel Good Factor. Endorphins! The primary effect of these chemicals is as a means to counter the pain and discomfort of a workout.
2. The Mind/Muscle Relationship. We keep our brains in great shape when we work to get the most out of our training.
3. Aesthetics: While you can change your clothes, shoes and haircut with relative ease, transforming you body is a far greater commitment and much more of a challenge but at the same time arguably the most effective and important change you can make to your life.
4. Sports: Whether you’re looking for power, speed, strength, size or endurance a gym routine carefully designed to compliment your sport can be invaluable in giving you the edge over the competition.
5. Social Life. Like it or not, many people use the gym as a social hub! Whether it’s to make some new friends or just to catch up with some old ones, the gym can often be as much of a social environment as the local bar.
David Utinske is the owner of The Body Quest Store.